Pet Mice Forum banner

zigzag's babies!

6K views 48 replies 15 participants last post by  zany_toon 
#1 ·
i woke up this morning to a skinny mouse! i checked her nest and there were the babies! :mrgreen:

i think there are at least 7 but they were in a pile so there could be more buried. and i think all are black eyed except one or 2 with pink eyes :D . they are so tiny!

here is the mummy with her huge belly:

and here are the babies!

See less See more
#13 ·
haha ya ive been holding them from birth and it just makes waiting so much more difficult! about the one spotted one, does this mean that the buck i bred her to carries a white spotting gene? i wish there were more spotted ones! 1 out of 11 seems kinda lucky!

#15 ·
thats nice to know that my buck carries that. i looked at the babies today and i see a lighter colored one with a head spot now. maybe another will pop up tomorrow! and i do not know how to sex them at 5 days. they all look the same to me (like boys :( ). but im assuming im wrong and just cant see a difference. i'll wait until i can see nipples on the girls :)

here are some pics. do some of them look orangey to anyone?:

#21 ·
ya there should be brindle in there because the dad is brindle. and i hope tomorrow when they are 7 days old i'll be able to tell male from female. i really hope they arent all boys! of course that would be just my luck haha :roll: . i think its funny how they move around and try to snuggle. they lined themselves up like that on their own :lol:

alright here are the "colors" that they have (srry that the pics are kinda blurry!) :

PEW ( :love1 ) :

brindle (one with good stripes and a head spot. other 2 are like the dad with minimal striping (i think!) ) :

here is my good looking brindle, hope its a boy! :

dark colored ones (one with spots) :

and i do not know what these ones are. one looks brownish orange with a head spot, and the other looks more blue (ish). any ideas? :

#25 ·
they are 9 days old today and i was very surprised when i saw them! i have agoutis! the brindle dad must carry agouti then right? haha that was exciting! and there are 3 that i dont know the colors of so hopefully someone can help me out. also.. some of the babies are smaller than the others.. ive been wanting to cull some but i dont want to until i know male from female =[. i dont see any nipples yet.. im not good at sexing babies. when my camera is done charging i'll try to get a pic of each one so someone can help me out cuz i really need to cull some boys. i dont like having smaller babies.. =[. but anyway! they are all so cute! and i love that brindle with the head spot and awesome stripes! here are pictures!

all babies:

agouti babies!:

brindles:

PEW. you can see one is smaller than the other.. :( :

dont know the color of this one. maybe blue agouti?:

and what about this one? i have no idea haha:

and this one. any ideas?:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.