Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i woke up this morning to a skinny mouse! i checked her nest and there were the babies! :mrgreen:

i think there are at least 7 but they were in a pile so there could be more buried. and i think all are black eyed except one or 2 with pink eyes :D . they are so tiny!

here is the mummy with her huge belly:

and here are the babies!

·
Premium Member
6,816 Posts
The babies look good; nice size. good skin color. Nice and healthy. Congratulations!

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i'll definitely post more pics! im going to look at them right now an try to count them. last night i quickly counted 10. but today im going to find out the actual number. and take more pics! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
there are 11 little ones! 2 PE and 9 BE. and one or two look like they are already getting darker so maybe they're black? i guess i'll find out in a few days! here are some more pics!

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
here they are at 4 days old:

and here is my one spotted baby! (that i can tell for now):

its kinda hard to see the white spots in the picture so here is an edited version:

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Don't you just HATE waiting for the colors to come in? :p

I often wish mice were like cavies and born fully furred!

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i do hate waiting! im just glad its the weekend so hopefully it will be easier to wait (or harder!). what color do you think the dark ones are? do you think they are blue?

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
At this point, it's impossible to tell. I like to hold my babies from birth, but sometimes I make myself skip the first few days so that when I look in I can tell for sure who is what. :p

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
haha ya ive been holding them from birth and it just makes waiting so much more difficult! about the one spotted one, does this mean that the buck i bred her to carries a white spotting gene? i wish there were more spotted ones! 1 out of 11 seems kinda lucky!

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thats nice to know that my buck carries that. i looked at the babies today and i see a lighter colored one with a head spot now. maybe another will pop up tomorrow! and i do not know how to sex them at 5 days. they all look the same to me (like boys :( ). but im assuming im wrong and just cant see a difference. i'll wait until i can see nipples on the girls :)

here are some pics. do some of them look orangey to anyone?:

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
I've had a couple litters that were all male, but never a litter that was all female.

·
Registered
160 Posts
With my litters I cannot tell until their just getting fuzz. So don't worry! I thought all 6 of my first litter were boys. Only two were.

·
Premium Member
6,816 Posts
Yeah, there looks like a brindle in there; maybe a white tiger. It's a good looking litter all in all; nice long bodies and quite a bit of variety in the mix.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts