Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i woke up this morning to a skinny mouse! i checked her nest and there were the babies! :mrgreen:

i think there are at least 7 but they were in a pile so there could be more buried. and i think all are black eyed except one or 2 with pink eyes :D . they are so tiny!

here is the mummy with her huge belly:

and here are the babies!

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i'll definitely post more pics! im going to look at them right now an try to count them. last night i quickly counted 10. but today im going to find out the actual number. and take more pics! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
At this point, it's impossible to tell. I like to hold my babies from birth, but sometimes I make myself skip the first few days so that when I look in I can tell for sure who is what. :p

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
haha ya ive been holding them from birth and it just makes waiting so much more difficult! about the one spotted one, does this mean that the buck i bred her to carries a white spotting gene? i wish there were more spotted ones! 1 out of 11 seems kinda lucky!

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thats nice to know that my buck carries that. i looked at the babies today and i see a lighter colored one with a head spot now. maybe another will pop up tomorrow! and i do not know how to sex them at 5 days. they all look the same to me (like boys :( ). but im assuming im wrong and just cant see a difference. i'll wait until i can see nipples on the girls :)

here are some pics. do some of them look orangey to anyone?:

·
Super Moderator
2,660 Posts
nanette37 said:
i do not know how to sex them at 5 days. they all look the same to me (like boys :( ). but im assuming im wrong and just cant see a difference. i'll wait until i can see nipples on the girls :)
I recently had a litter of 7 that were all Bucks :roll:
It can happen.
Hope you find some gals.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.