Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just opened a tin of tomatoes from Tescos, put them in a pan- started to heat and tasted. Looked down to see an inch long beetle in the sauce!!!! Yes, I have been cleaning my teeth for over an hour.

The store guy came and took it away and their getting it analysed etc etc.

So what I wanted to know is whats the worst thing you have found in pre-bought food stuffs? Or am I just very unlucky?

·
Premium Member
6,817 Posts
When I was little, I found a gigantic water beetle in with a candybar I had just bought at our little country store. I think it was dead, but I still get the creeps remembering.

I bit down on a rivet in a fishstick in the school lunchroom in senior high. Ouch! No more school lunch or me. Only apples from the apple machine and milk.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
With you mentioning apples I remembered something worse than the bolt in the yoghurt. I had been munching pea pods and (don't know what made me look) found a caterpillar in the one I had just bitten into :sick I scrubbed my teeth for almost an hour and haven't ben able to eat pea pods since :sick

·
Registered
66 Posts
I tipped a bag of spinach in to a curry I was making once and watched, in horror, as a beetley thing tumbled out the bag. I just picked it out though - I thought any germs would be a gonner after it finished cooking anyway. Didn't tell the boyfriend about it, right enough :lol:

It was just a little beetle though. I'd probably have throught twice about it, if it was an inch long!!

·
Super Moderator
2,660 Posts
Yelena said:
is it wrong for me to feel I deserve more compo because I'm a veggie? lol
I'm vegetarian too Yelena :D
It's nothing weird like a bolt oor a beetle, but I had a "vegetarian" cheese and onion pastry for a breakfast treat the other day. I noticed after a couple of bites that it had a whole slice a bacon running through it!!
Very unhappy consumer!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Eww I hope you kicked off.

I ordered a veggie burger at macdonalds (yes I know, but I was very very hungry...and cold...and depressed- though no where near as depressed as when I realized I was buying a 'maccies'). Went and sat down and found it was a beef burger. I took it to the counter and the prepubescent droid told me I have asked for it whilst popping gum!! Nearly shoved his cap down his throat. Luckily the manager came over before I could ruin his chance of reproducing- though tbh I wouldnt say that would have been a bad thing

·
Premium Member
1,009 Posts
zany_toon said:
With you mentioning apples I remembered something worse than the bolt in the yoghurt. I had been munching pea pods and (don't know what made me look) found a caterpillar in the one I had just bitten into :sick I scrubbed my teeth for almost an hour and haven't ben able to eat pea pods since :sick
Just marginally better than finding half a caterpillar in an apple!

·
Premium Member
5,254 Posts
tanzaniterose said:
I've been lucky so far (touch wood), I don't envy this guy though ..

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/8092921.stm

(or the poor mouse!)

I'm always terrified when I buy bananas, in case there'll be some foreign poisonious spider/snake hidden away somewhere in the bunch - there's been far too many stories like that for my liking!
I've always lived in hope of finding something in the fruit,preferably a tree frog but anything would be a nice surprise.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.