Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well doing the rounds this morning before work, found what I think is at least 10 babies, yay! Bit of a mystery as to what we will get as the parents are from the same line as Pickle, the not pew. The camera is on charge for rat baby pictures tonight anyway, so I'll be able to grab some pictures of ickle wickle meecers too and be able to have a proper head count.

Whoop!

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks all.

We have a total of 10, there were possibly more as we found one half munched but all ten are doing good. I love seeing their little milk bellies! Will pop some pictures of them and the rat babies up later =)

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looking forward to being at home later (been out at a friends and won't be home until after the football later) to see how the babies are doing. I'll be taking some pictures too, so I'll be sure to update everyone later.

When breeding feeders, I always just left Mums to it, basically build up a colony of mice and let them do their thing. You'd first really know about babies when cleaning out or when they got to about a week old. So paying more interest into their day to day developments has been a lovely change and I've really enjoyed watching the difference between their growth and the rats =)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts