Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do they do this when they are unhappy, just like human babies? I'm paranoid that their mother might be squashing them and hurting them, causing them to cry out in pain/discomfort. :( However, since I had to cull some of them, the little cries have been occurring far less often.

·
Premium Member
2,305 Posts
They usually squeal when they get stepped on (Don't worry, this happens alot and doesn't seem to hurt them, much anyway) or if they want feeding.

W xx

·
Premium Member
6,816 Posts
I;ve always thought the tiny eekings were signs of vigorous good health, sort of like when a newborn baby first takes breath and then screams it's tiny little wrinkled face off.

·
Premium Member
2,305 Posts
I always take loud squeals as a good sign too.

Has anyone else ever noticed that when pinkies are handled they make sort of a clicking noise?

W xx

·
Premium Member
6,816 Posts
No, I'll have to look for that. I've had some folks insist that any audible noise made by a mousie is a sign of either distress or illness, but I've had conversations, chittering back and forth, with a dozen or so different meeces over the years. Complete with head bobs and nuzzles. Very sweet!

·
Premium Member
2,305 Posts
I always assumed it was them shouting for there mums but its too high pitched for us to hear it properly! hehehe

·
Premium Member
6,816 Posts
Oscar, one of all time favorite meeces, would chirp at me with a little head bob, and when I let him onto my hand, he'd push on my hand and chirp until I lifted him up so he could Eskimo kiss me. Of course, I always answered in kind. He also loved to stick his nose in my ear and get a major sniff. It made me giggle like a four year old!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts