Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are a couple PEW mice that came out of a litter of an agouti outcross recently.

I know they're agouti "underneath" the PEW (mother is homozygous), and I'm hoping they can help improve size and type.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Awww, these are wonderful pictures, you are a great photographer as far as these little guys are concerned. Especially love the first two pics, they really give a sense of their character. I'm just itching to stroke those huge ears!

They will certainly come in handy for breeding.

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wish that the agouti babies in the same litter would have the same ears, but nope. Figures, doesn't it? :p

I think this litter has ears placed a bit too low, anyway...but maybe it's just me.

(BTW, I'm not a good photographer at all, I took over 400 to get these! haha!)

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm not very good at spotting the 'faults' in mice so I am more than happy to bask in my ignorance of where their ears should be :lol: But yes, it is a bit of a bummer that the ears didn't take for the agoutis. Oh well, maybe next time eh?

And any person who can take a picture of a mouse in shot, in focus and doing its own thing, complete with backdrop is a genius. The 396 other photos aside ;)

·
Premium Member
6,816 Posts
That's one of things the whites are good for; those ears are totally outrageous, Jack. ;)

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Her ears are kinda small compared to some of the mice she's related to that I've seen pictures of.

I think (though I have no direct evidence to back it up) that as ears get super large, they hang to the side and are thus set lower. :p

In terms of ears and overall type, one of the girls pictured is slightly better than both mom and dad, but I wish she was agouti. All it means though is that I will have PEW crop up for some time, probably, if I decide to breed from this litter...I guess it could be a worse, harder-to-work-with (from a show standpoint) recessive, though, like siamese or recessive yellow, so I'm thankful for that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts