Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
heya
was just wondering if theres such a thing as i white or ivory tan, as i know the tan gene is dominant and ur likely to get mainly tans if 1 of the parents is a carrier of the tan gene.
i was wondering if this gene worked with whites or ivory mice as ive never seen or heard of it before? x

·
Premium Member
5,254 Posts
Ivories and pews are albino,therefore their colour is masked .Meaning it is perfectly easy to breed ivory or pew tans but they will be white all over as all albinos are ;)

·
Premium Member
3,106 Posts
Nope. You can breed very pale silver tans that look almost white though if you are aiming for it because you think it would be attractive.

·
Premium Member
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no i wasnt aiming for it, i was just wondering what ud get if u crossed the 2 as id never heard of a white tan.
shame really i think theyd be really nice :? x

·
Premium Member
5,254 Posts
thats right the albinoism(I think I made that word up)would mask the colour and the mouse could only be white,albinos can only ever be white regardless of parents.Two self black parents could produce an albino baby,the albino bit would mask the fact that it was a black though and the mouse would be white.Sorry I'm not scientific,just a laymans description.

·
Premium Member
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
no thats helpful, thank u. can every other colou produce a tan, i was thinking champ tan would be nice but would it show up x

·
Premium Member
5,254 Posts
I breed champagne tans and I won the tan section overall last year showing them.They are a good choice if you like the pale coloured tans.tan wouldn't show on reds or fawns and would be poor on very pale colours such as cream.Anything that carries chinchilla would have the tan bleached white and marked mice don't usually show a solid tan but I should think all others are viable.

·
Premium Member
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok thatd be cool, i have a beautiful champagne doe whos quite dark and chunky, and a silver tan boy that is very beautiful and again chunky, do u think these 2 would go well together? x

·
Registered
177 Posts
i i get an Pink eyed Ivory Tan mice one time ago

it was a baby from a
chocolate tan satin broken a(t)a bb Cc(h) DD Pp vsvs ss
and a
blue self satin aa Bb Cc(chm) dd Pp ss VSVS

it get
a(t)a -b c(chm)c(h) Dd pp Vsvs ss (so an burmese with pink eyed)

i cros them with an SSP and get SSP-Fox, burmese-Fox, burmese self, and ssp self.

so it show the a(t) .... couse of there satin, it wil be verry difficult to see them, but ist wasn't a fox somak, you can see the light jellow stomake
here

http://die-gesunde-farbmauszucht.npage. ... 92902.html

at the 4th pic douwn to the end ;-9

greatings viv

1 - 11 of 11 Posts