Pet Mice Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

· Registered
2,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I don't know. I know that carrying chocolate for sure can be wonky depending on what other alleles are present.

All good pointed mice are black (a/a) on the A-locus. So a proper siamese is a/a c(h)/c(h) and a himalayan is a/a c(h)/c.

The only thing that you can have on the A-locus other than "a" (i.e. black) is extreme black, a(e). Extreme black makes the points darker and more even, but I don't know how common it is in the UK...

· Premium Member
2,293 Posts
My youngest siam girlies that were born in my mousery have bloody brilliant face points, must be because my mousery is outside in a lovely shed.
does anyone have a picture of a Blue Point Siam? I bet the good ones are totally gorgeous!! <3 <3

Willow xx

· Registered
2,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
That's very likely. Colder temperatures make for darker points (and larger animals).

You said the male is a good example of black? He'll be good to use in creating more pointed animals, then. The darker the black, the better the points in a siamese/himalayan litter.

· Premium Member
2,293 Posts
His type is excellent for an outcross, surprisingly so. He does have a little bit of tan on his ears and vent (But not too much! Woo!) which is to be expected with a normal black. His only fault, white tail tip dang it! But I can forgive that at the moment... i'm looking to build on type at the moment more than colour.

Ooo they ARE pretty... *ponders*

Willow xx

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.