Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Premium Member
6,781 Posts
I thought a whitebelllied agouti would have to be A/a^t c^h/*, although I know that the tan is is incompletely dominant over agouti...is there another gene that does that? What is A^w and where did you hear about it? Inquiring minds like mine...want to know...? I know that deer mice have white bellies and some other wild species probably do as well.

· Premium Member
6,781 Posts
Whoa!! Thanks, Willowdragon; I looked for that info on Finnmouse and for some reason didn't see it. I want A^hvy!! I have a sneaking suspicion the A^w was sent to me like a Trojan horse from someone who is probably very amused by all the wrong shades of tan I've been producing. Gonna have to back into my journals and track the results for those line for the last three years...maybe that person didn't know what he or she was giving me. :roll:

· Premium Member
6,781 Posts
I had some 100% English sent to me about 10 years ago from a well know breed on the West Coast; it was a nightmarish affair. The breeder did not provide the appropriate pedigree, and it's taken me years to sort out just exactly what those genotype and heritage actually were. It was claimed that this person sent me a champagne tan, which turned out be a argente or argente cream tan...and Goddess only knows what went into the making of that as far a rare alleles, etc. You'd think a major player in mousedom would be a bit more punctilious about these things.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.