Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Premium Member
2,293 Posts
I have recently sold a white bellied agouti pet type that may well have been A/at c(ch)... because her sister was A/at and there is ALOT of chinchilla in my pet satin lines!

· Premium Member
2,293 Posts
So far none of my pet types have gone to pet stores... i'm not totally adverse to doing it, if my local petshop wanted some, because i know them and know they look after the animals in their care well. I also know snakes have to eat!
Only one of my pet types was from a petstore, all the rest are from breeders ;)

Willow xx

· Premium Member
2,293 Posts
Yeah, chinchilla is a great gene if you want it, can produce allsorts of interesting colours... but not so fun if its hidden and you weren't planning on it! lol

All of my BE Creams are chinchillated reds, I know this because they are FAT LOL

Willow xx

· Premium Member
2,293 Posts
I remember when i picked up my first mice from Dom... he told me that record keeping was HARD. hehe Yeah, he was right.
But I always write down litters DOB and parents plus thier colours.

I think the only colours I have mixed are PEW with others, really just to see what the PEW was hiding! hehe

Willow xx

· Premium Member
2,293 Posts
Are blue and chocolate the only genes that show a hint of that colour when carried?

And quick question... so crossing a black to a pointed meece would be okay? :D I have some unexpected shaded girls turn up in my first satin outcross litter, and the buck i kept (cos he looked fabulous from birth!) is a black. I am planning on breeding him to the girls to get (hopefully) some good satins.

Willow xx

· Premium Member
2,293 Posts
My youngest siam girlies that were born in my mousery have bloody brilliant face points, must be because my mousery is outside in a lovely shed.
does anyone have a picture of a Blue Point Siam? I bet the good ones are totally gorgeous!! <3 <3

Willow xx

· Premium Member
2,293 Posts
His type is excellent for an outcross, surprisingly so. He does have a little bit of tan on his ears and vent (But not too much! Woo!) which is to be expected with a normal black. His only fault, white tail tip dang it! But I can forgive that at the moment... i'm looking to build on type at the moment more than colour.

Ooo they ARE pretty... *ponders*

Willow xx

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.