Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Premium Member
3,476 Posts
It is dominant, and from what I gather you can selectively breed it to be white and make agouti foxes, or you can breed to to be tan. I have seen a few Aw mice that haven't been bred for colour and their bellies were creamy, like the rabbit variety 'otter'.

ETA: There's some information about Aw here: http://hiiret.fi/eng/breeding/genetics/A-w.html

Sarah xxx

· Premium Member
3,476 Posts
They look like rubbish Siamese, Willow :) They look like seal-points, but the points are all faded and poo looking.

I keep highly extensive records, but I have autism :lol: It's is not necessary in the slightest to keep records like a pedigree, most show breeders won't mix colours unless absolutely necessary anyway.

I used to write out pedigrees when I was breeding rats (the rat fancy is very big on it) and I remember one person being absolutely horrified when they came to pick their rats up from me because she saw on the family tree that I'd bred a buck to his daughter. Twice. She didn't take the 'poor, inbred' rats, and needless to say I wasn't unhappy about that.

Sarah xxx

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.