Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right so im a total novice when I comes to showing mice and im realy not sure what i am suposed to be looking for in a mouse. and I know from showing other animals that the best place to learn is at a show...i will be going to Preston but that is the only show i will be able to make that month so unfortunately I miss the two bigest shows out :evil: :evil: :evil: London chaps and the NMC annual cup show
but i was just wonder what other show after that would be worth a trip down. I'm looking for shows that usually get a decent number of entries so I will have a bit more to see and hopefully be able to get a better idea of what I am looking for

also how dose stewarding work at mouse shows...in bird show they are just chosen on the day from who ever is there and is willing to help...also fanciers who have doen a fair bit of travelling to the show are usually chosen so the don't have to find something to do till show show opens as judging isn't allowed to be watched at bird shows

Thanks
Alan

·
Premium Member
5,254 Posts
The Bradford show,held ....wait for it...at Harrogate.It's in January and the mouse equivalent of Crufts.There are other small animals being exhibited at this venue.

·
Premium Member
3,106 Posts
Stewards are chosen on the day at mouse shows too, though you are allowed (and encouraged) to watch the judging.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
deffo its one on the list for next year......is there anything left this year that would be worth going to the main reason i am asking just now is that untill i get my date through for my driving test i will be travelling by bus and I had a look at travelling from the end of September onwards and if I book now i can get a return journey for under a fiver the later in the year the cheeper it is :D :D :D

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks i deleted the album by mistake and downloaded another and it has the album cover in the file

btw any idea what the Manchester show is like on the 7 of November

·
Premium Member
5,254 Posts
the stafford poultry show has a cage bird section.Might interest you.The draw back being its on the 20th of December.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.