Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
I've just had my first litter of bandeds (well, I didn't *have* them, Carla did) ;) and in the long term would like to improve on them. I have a gorgeous agouti banded girl who is too old to breed, but if I could reproduce something like her I would be thrilled.

Also long term, I would like to improve the points on my siamese. I have a siamese buck and a black self girl (who placed 3rd in her class at the show I went to yesterday) so this is a longer term plan of a few generations.

Short term, my self buck (I think he's cream) placed 1st in Selfs at the show I went to yesterday, so I'd like to put him with a couple of girls, still deciding who though. Our big Rat and Mouse Show is in April, so I'm aiming to get something nice to enter in that show.

Eventually, I'd like to breed variegateds, but don't want to take on too much at once.

·
Registered
28 Posts
At any given time we usually have about 10-20 pregnant mice plus several litters being raised.

We're currently working on making a colony of black head-spotted mice (working with head-spotted agoutis and blacks). We've made a large broken agouti colony, inspired by one particularly nice broken agouti we bought. We're also working on a broken black colony (yeah, I know, it's a tired, old, boring variety :p ). We're working to make better tans, blacker blacks (no white tail tips etc) and several other things. We're maintaining various other colours.

I want to get a nice colony of Siamese mice with points as dark as possible, blue mice (I used to breed hundreds of them, everyone told me I was lucky to have them, that they were rare and difficult to source, I tragically had to euth the lot last year and can now find no more!) and if the opportunity every comes, satin mice and several others I don't think currently exist in Australia. Banded agoutis would be pretty cool :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.