Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please could someone help.
I have a litter of babies, and among the expeced colours were these two :?
Dad is agouti, mum is choc tan.
The litter consists of
Agouti with light bellies
Black tan
and these two?

Anyone got an idea what they are? Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,305 Posts
They look like Argente's to me! (Pink eyed Agouti) I may be wrong though, keep an eye out for a blue undercolour.

W xx

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They are just too cute, so that means both mum and dad must carry p?
By the way heres a pic of mum

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Apparantly, so i've been told. When she was little she looked like a regular choc tan with a little white triangle on her back. As she has molted more and more white hairs have come through :?

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
You know. . . There's a similar marking in horses. That appears over time and looks sort of like a webby pattern. Let me see if I can find you some information on that! It looks a lot like your mouse there.

She looks sort of variegated, but the markings are usually more blurry. . .

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
A couple of her babies have the little white triangle on their back like she did, i am hoping they will develop this pattern like their mum :D As time goes on she seems to be getting more and more white hairs, at this rate she may end up as a BEW :lol:

·
Premium Member
2,305 Posts
Wow!! I have never seen white marking change on a mouse before! Fasinating!

I learn something new everyday! lol If any of her babies do that, then it must be dominant.

And as far as I know, varigated mice are born with thier markings, they don't develop over time.

W xx

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
Did your mouse have any offspring with the same pattern? Or did her parents have that pattern?

You started this post about the babies, but we're all fascinated by mum! :lol:

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Really? Oh i just thought they developed over time. Seriously she stared bieng a solid choc tan with 1 white marking. We jokingly named her nappyhead coz it looked like she was wearing one :lol:

·
Premium Member
2,305 Posts
I am actually so fasinated by this, I want to kidnapp some of the babies, and take pictures of thier development!

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
She was the only one of the litter that had this little triangle. All the others were tans and broken :?

·
Premium Member
2,305 Posts
I want them... :shock:

hehe. Heather and Sarah would kill me... but seriously, I want them. lol

W xx

·
Premium Member
2,305 Posts
I'm supposed to be being good and concentrating on my show varieties lol

But genetics and unknown stuff like this fasinate me!!! I want them... hehehehee

W xx

·
Premium Member
2,305 Posts
Its definately unknown to me at least hehee

If this had occured to any of my mice, I would seriously be taking pictures like every week to document the change in markings and such.

If one of the babies is a buck, I may just have to come to your house and steal him!!! *shifty eyes*... ahem... I am joking of course! hehe

W xx

1 - 20 of 60 Posts