Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a bit of a dilema. Before I decided I needed to cull the bucks I never dreamed such a thing :roll: But no one wants bucks do they? So after much heart ache I came to the conclusions I had to if I wanted to continue to breed mice. So now I cull the bucks :( I have from before I started to cull bucks 4 Black Broken marked bucks who I can not shift, they are healthy lovely mice but I dont have the room for them, I have 2 bucks that I breed from and this is all I want. Am I wrong to consider culling them? What would you do? I only ever wanted to cull unhealthy adults, but these lads are healthy and I feel bad just thinking about culling them. I have had people interested in them for free but no one has come to collect them. I dont even have the appropriate equipment I usuallly take sick stock to Dom & fae :roll:
I really need some advice and reassurance :)

Thank you.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
If they are still reasonably young I would maybe try to see if anyone would take them for free. But dont feel bad about making the decision to cull them, I have culled healthy bucks which no one has wanted and its because you just dont always have the space to keep them. Also its expensive feeding and keeping unwanted stock for longer than necessary!

·
Registered
261 Posts
Dont feel bad, unfortunately is a necessary evil that a lot of us have to put up with. Have you tried the local pet shops in your area?

·
Premium Member
1,613 Posts
Hi Rachel, we have also had this problem from time to time its just one of those things that has to be done really. We have had to cull perfectly healthy bucks after using them for a few matings purely to make room for the next studs. The best thing is to try and not get emotionally attached.

On another note your still welcome to bring them here and ill do the "deed" for you.

·
Registered
341 Posts
i can also take mice like this for people who dont want to 'do it' themselves but are willing to travel to get someone else to 'do it' as all ours go to the snakes (after culling)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts