Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...I came back with another critter.

She doesn't have a name yet but just look at that face - she's odd eyed and satin so I couldn't resist. Dave is yet to get home so I am preparing for the thunder!

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
If odd-eyes occur the same way they do in the US, they're unfortunately not inheritable (in the traditional dominant/recessive sense at least), but she's a very cute little critter! :)

SarahY said:
Well, she's certainly very beautiful indeed :)

Dave is yet to get home so I am preparing for the thunder!
I know that feeling :lol:
This is why I live alone! :D

edited because quote boxes hate me!

·
Premium Member
3,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I handled her before I caved ;) She is ok, just a little nervous but she's still only young so I don't think I'll have too much trouble.

I looked up odd eyed hamsters and apparently it is related to cream and/or cinnamon bandeds - and she appears to be a cream banded. So I guess if I bred her to a cream banded male that theoretically she might have some odd eyed babies, not that I have bred syrians before.

·
Premium Member
2,305 Posts
Oh Lordy... I would not have resisted either Cait, I would have snapped her up, and I am not generally a fan of hammies.

She is gorgeous. Plus I desperately want a satin hammie

W xx

P.S Oh and I demand her first born... that is all. :lol:

·
Premium Member
2,305 Posts
What would you go for name wise? When choosing a name, if i can't get one from personality or looks i tend to go for TV characters or Mythological names... I particularly like picking elvish names hehe But i'm sad like that.

Though if she was mine... I would call her Quinn. Can you guess why? lol

W xx

·
Registered
293 Posts
LOL
I used to be prone to going into pet shops for food and bedding and coming home with a hamster cos it was just too cute too leave or had been in the p&h adoption centre for 2 months and not found a home :roll: Thats how i got Gin my chinese ham :lol:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.