Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Im looking to have two or three mice as pets. Ive never kept them before so would like your thoughts on the Ratatout 60 tank from Ferplast.

Do you think its better or the same as the Perfecto tanks. And how many female mice could I keep in either one of them.

·
Premium Member
3,106 Posts
That is so expensive for what you get :shock: You would be much better off buying a second hand Perfecto or fish tank and making your own lid. You could get a glass tank on Ebay pretty cheaply (can you tell I've done this before?!) or even free on Freecycle.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Blimey, and I though perfectos were expensive new :eek: Go into your local aquatic shop and tell them you want a tank for rodents, bet they have at least one leaker you can have cheaply. You can buy a sheet of fine wire mesh from the garden centre for a few quid, you want the one with 5mm square holes and easily make a lid with that and a few pieces of wood. I would think 4-6 mice would have plenty of play space in a tank that size.

·
Premium Member
6,816 Posts
A lid with a sturdy metal frame and metal mesh only cost $10.00 here in the US, a ten gallon tank goes for around $10.-$12. that's enough space for 4 or 5 does and lots of toys.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks I will have another look :D Theres some great Perfectos on ebay for £5 :eek: But not near me :D

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ive just found the rub thread :D . They are sooo much cheper. Im likeing the woodlandmousery ones as im absolutley useless at diy :lol: .

Im so pleased Ive found this site :gwavec

How many lady mice could I have in the 9 liter size & the 18 liter size :?:

Or a Duna Multy :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts