Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm a small time breeder in Hungary. Not an AFRMA member, but I do my best to keep to all standards.
Some time ago I had some "reddish" colors pop up. Test breedings show that it's a dominant trait, and comes with red and black eyes. So I figured they must be fawns and "bad" reds.
I bred a fawn girl of mine to a non related texel splash buck. (I know splash isn't really a good idea to improve colours, but he's my best texel and I wondered if I can get texel fawns)
I did get a rex or a bad texel fawn girl, but the other.. I can't figure out what colour she is.
She has white base colour, appears splash with some reaally faint peachy markings. It almost can't be seen. Her eyes are black.
So I wonder if it's a diluted fawn splash? I've heard from somewhere about "apricot" being a similar colour but I didn't find anything about it yet.

I'll attach some pics. First ones are her, then mom with red eyes, then a rex (or bad texel) red sibling with black eyes, and lastly a splashed fox sibling.

Any ideas welcome. I admit I'm not up to date on my knowledge on reds, as they aren't ones of my main lines, it's more like a bit of experimenting with right now.

This is her:
Hand Felidae Small to medium-sized cats Carnivore Finger

Finger Rodent Nail Rat white footed mice

Recipe Finger Gesture Nail Ingredient

Leg Human body Gesture Finger Felidae

Mom:
Rat Small animal food Rodent Fawn Whiskers

Sibling:
Vertebrate Rodent Mammal Organism Whiskers

Rodent Rat Finger Whiskers Fawn

Sibling:
Finger Nail Soil Thumb Electric blue