Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
right i posted these pics earlier whn i introduced my mice but i wanted to ask what colour you thought she is. he colour is like and off white, a beige ish colour she is dark eyed too and solid in colour. these are three pics taken today one in outside light, 2nd in shed light and last with her pew friend . she came to me with 6 others 5 dew and the pew that are from same litter of diferent litter but same dad. in her litter was dews the pew is from the same dad but different mum and is a wk older. don't no if that bit of family info helps at all. anyways heres the picks and help would be great i'm so confused to her colour :?

thanks for looking and any opinions will be apreciated

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thank you i knew she couldn't be champ or lilac or dove or pale shades of them because of her black eyes.
but i have never heard of stone i'll see if i can find more out about the colour unless anyone else knows.
big thank you

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
sorry again relating them to guinea's the lilacs only have pink eyes.
just wanted to know what the intensity of the colour should be really sort of standard for the colour/type. i suppose i just wanted no more as i though my girl was bit of a washy colour, when i was sorting them as they were all together i had to look twice as shes pale colour i though it was just the light with the rest all been white

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thank you so the colour can vary greatly then, it was just so i could identify it if i ever saw one again. i was just asking as there is normally some characteristics that make it that colour. such as in lilac and slate guinea's because the shades can be come close the slates are also identified by a blueish tint to skin rather than pink as a rule not as a standardisation though as that is a lot more speciefic depending on type of coat too. i hope make sense i was just looking for the characteristic of that colour. thank you

·
Premium Member
3,106 Posts
There will be no undercolour on a stone, they are a self. They are related to the gene that makes creams (ce) and can be shown in other countries I believe, under a different name. They are quite a warm tone rather than greyish and even a dark stone can not be confused with chocolate, which I suppose would be the closest black eyed variety (champagne being the closest pink eyed variety). I have some photos of varying colours of stone that might help:

Pregnant stone satin

Two different shades of stone together:

Stone satin:

5 week old stone satin (stones darken with age):

Darker stone:

Pale stone:

Dark stone satin:

·
Registered
177 Posts
Darker stone:
this one doesnt look like a stone .. it get wight ears, feeds an d schwanz... and also there nose!! it will be an reserve siames!

i think.. stone dont be soooo dark, ist get darker with the age, but not sooo deap!

the tow mices , the are the darker mice also an reserve siamese... its toooooo dark.. and you can see the wight marking an eras nose ans feeds soon.

vivi

·
Premium Member
3,106 Posts
They are all my mice and they're all stone. As with other self colours the white extremities is a 'fault' when you're breeding selfs. Also reverse siamese isn't recognised here, what is it genetically?

·
Premium Member
3,510 Posts
Taking into account that no-one seems to know what gene causes it, it seems to me that reverse siamese is simply stone (or coffee or beige depending on where you are in the world), and the white areas are faults that have been exaggerated to 'create' a new variety. Apart from the points being a different colour, reverse siamese always look like stones to me. Some of my doves have white noses and tail points too, but they're definately genetically dove.

Sarah xxx

1 - 20 of 24 Posts