Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These pics is of elegance. she looks exactly like her brother benetti. :D

Benetti caught eating a cornflake :lol:

Benetti sleeping. in his foodbowl(don't know the exact word :oops: )

I coulden't find more pics of elegance.. :(

I hope that you can give me an idea of what these two beauty's are. :D

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
Whats were the parents of them if you know? That may help out a bit more on finding out what they are. Though I bet the more experienced breeders will know what they are. :?:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
his mom(trunte) is chocolate double banded blazed his dad(mr white) is a pew, there where 3 in the litter with benetti's colour including him, and 3 himalaya's and one PEW, I doesn't know the parents to mr. white and trunte. :/

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, i have 2 more of benetti's colour.
benetti's sister and another one who's not in family with benetti. :)

I've planned a mating between Elegance(benetti's sister) and the other one who is called Bindo.

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
Bringing the thread up again, since Benetti now lives with me ;)

He hasn't made any babies yet. He was with a female for some time before i had him, but she never had any babies. Now he has been paired up with my Coco since august 5th but she still doesn't show any sign of being pregnant. She actually lost some weight in that period. Hope she does get pregnant some time.

I think Benetti is red/ruby eyed. I noticed he was swaying like albinos tend to do to see properly and i took a pic of him where his eyes looks dark red:

He's such a pretty boy :D

·
Premium Member
2,305 Posts
It is a fabulous colour!! You should call it 'Oatmeal' hehe!! :D

It would look gorgeous satin!

Willow xx

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
Just wanted to give you an update ;)

Coco is giving birth now :D

It's going to be so exciting to see what their babies will look like when they grow some fur.

·
Registered
26 Posts
A/- and double dose of recessive c-locus alleles; could be A/- c*e/c*e or something else, it's hard to tell.

Just an interesting anecdote: in mice pointed varieties on agouti background are unstandardised, but in gerbils there is a variety that's genetically an "agouti siamese." It's called smoke (or white bellied smoke in UK, if I remember correctly).

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
Oca2 said:
A/- and double dose of recessive c-locus alleles; could be A/- c*e/c*e or something else, it's hard to tell.

Just an interesting anecdote: in mice pointed varieties on agouti background are unstandardised, but in gerbils there is a variety that's genetically an "agouti siamese." It's called smoke (or white bellied smoke in UK, if I remember correctly).
What colour would that be :?:

I breed gerbils too, so i know that colour, in DK it's called Colourpoint Grey Agouti. Very pretty colour imo.

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
Just a quick photo, from when mom was away from the nest - didn't touch the pups, just lifted the paper away to get one pic and then putting the paper back ;)

There's nine littles babies :love1

·
Registered
26 Posts
lindberg4220 said:
No color really, it's not standardised. A/- c*e/c*e you could call "beige agouti," A/- c*h/c*h "siamese agouti," A/- c*ch/c*h "burmese agouti," and so forth... But these are only descriptive terms, not agreed upon terms for varieties. Besides, in these cases it can be hard to tell the genotype from the phenotype alone making it even more confusing. If you want a standardised name to call it, silver agouti ut (or chinchilla ut, if the mouse has a white belly) could be it.

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
Oca2 said:
lindberg4220 said:
No color really, it's not standardised. A/- c*e/c*e you could call "beige agouti," A/- c*h/c*h "siamese agouti," A/- c*ch/c*h "burmese agouti," and so forth... But these are only descriptive terms, not agreed upon terms for varieties. Besides, in these cases it can be hard to tell the genotype from the phenotype alone making it even more confusing. If you want a standardised name to call it, silver agouti ut (or chinchilla ut, if the mouse has a white belly) could be it.
Benetti is berkshire and Coco is fox.

What does ut stand for?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.