Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two 3 week old does from a litter, mother is PEW and dad is Argente LH, and i dont know exactly what they are. I'm thinking Stone and silver agouti?

Here are pics of one:

And the other:

Both are same shade but one is ticked and one isnt??

·
Registered
721 Posts
I'm not sure its Stone unless you can get a sandy stone colouring in mice?
This is my LH stone she has a grey tone rather than a brown tone yours looks to have a brown tone in the photo.

And this is the same mouse with my LH BEW.

Anyone else shed any light for Ruth? :D ;)

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have seen stones that dark, its like champ and argente, they come in different shades. Doves are pink eyed only arent they?

·
Premium Member
3,106 Posts
What were the grandparents and/or what do your mice carry? That will go a long way to helping work out genetically what they are.

On the other hand, you're correct that stones can be really light or really dark, here's some photos of some of mine to show difference in colour:

Pregnant stone satin

2 stones:

Stone satin buck:

Pale stone doe:

Normal stone doe:

Dark stone doe:

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The mother i bred, she comes from a LONG line of PEW, her father being a show PEW and her mother being a half show PEW. Her father i dont know, will have to ask Amalthea as ha came from her.

·
Premium Member
3,106 Posts
They do look lilac (phenotype) but you really need to know what the parents carry to be sure (genotype). Also they look different in the different photos :lol: If the PEW are show line I wouldn't be surprised if they were either chocolate or silver underneath. That would mean that the argente would have to carry either chocolate (champagne) or blue (silver) to compliment whatever they got from the PEW (lilac is blue + chocolate dilutions).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.