·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purely because I am potty about mice. All to be pets. I am looking for
satin mice.
hairless mice.
black tan, red.
I already have 6 little girls who I adore. I don't plan on showing. I have no children. Just a very eccentric late middle aged animal crazy woman with the time and space to devote to a hobby.
I'm in north Cambridgeshire but can travel to Norfolk/Suffolk/Rutland/south Lincs/Northants/Leics/Cambridgeshire.
Although I have no plans to show I have a preference for well bred, well marked mice.
I am finding it difficult to find good breeders in my area so if anyone knows of any or can give me pointers, I would appreciate it.
Although I don't particularly have any plans to breed, I may decide at some point that I would like to.

·
Registered
394 Posts
hope you find the help you are after :D

We enevr had intentions of breeding but just couldnt resist! Mice are soooo adictive a few is never enough!

·
Registered
341 Posts
hello, im in cambridge city, I have a satin litter maturing at the moment, they were supposed to be hairless, so will be carrying that also, but they need another 3 weeks to mature. i also have choc tans and agouti tans in rumpwhite that are not marked well enough for exhibition but lovely looking, they are in the for sale section heres the link:

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=179

daisy

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Well Daisy got there first but I am in Cambourne near Cambridge. I usually have some spare does floating about currently I have a litter with 2 cinnamon tans and one chocolate tan which I wont keep and also a litter with two black tans and one black tan with a tiny bit of white on the bum. All of them are only a few weeks old so need a bit more time to mature but let me know if your interested I'd love to find good homes for them all.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Plenty of room here so if Daisy would consider me for her satins, and Ian would consider me for the black and tans, I'll be very pleased. I'm not fervently opposed to breeding, just at this stage hadn't planned to go into mouse breeding as a career lol. Obviously if the satins carry hairless genes, I will want to breed just to see what I get, then I'll set up another cage and keepsie them all.

·
Registered
341 Posts
in my experience you dont often get hairless from carriers unless you pair hetrozygos hairless to hetrozygos hairless, or carrier to homozygos. so unless you had two different sex hetrozygos hairless or a hairless you would prob just get furries, if that makes sense, but i should have more hairless in the future :lol: hope that makes sense!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.