Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a friend that's quite good with woodwork and said he would be interested in making a few maxys for me and possibly supply some to people that need them, only problem we have is we want to get hold of an original one to get an idea of the build quality etc so if anyone has an old one they would be willing to let me have or buy that would be great.

Id be happy to do like a swap 2 new one's for one old one if that's any interest to anyone.

Let me know.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,106 Posts
Dom are you in touch with Alan? SarahC sent him a Maxey to work from I believe - if he's currently not making any and your friend is, maybe you can use that one and then return it to him afterwards? I do have a Maxey that I keep meaning to fix but it's lidless. Is that any use? I can take it to Manchester with me on Saturday if there's anyone travelling back down your way who could bring it to you.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Has everyone who ordered maxey's from Alan received them? Am I the only one not to have received mine or are there other people out there also waiting :cry: If there are can you get in touch with me as I'd like to know if you also sent the money upfront.
Lian

·
Premium Member
5,254 Posts
how many have you paid for?I wonder if he is attending Manchester.He did mention a while back that he would be there.Cait is going with our mice and could have picked them up and at least got them back to Leicester safely.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I paid for three lidded, three unlidded and a carry box for which he charged me £85.00 this cheque was cashed on the 13th August. I then sent him a cheque for postage which was £9.50 this was cashed on the 8th September 2009. I have had no response from him since he replied to my pm after the show at Wolverhampton his last contact with me was 7th October when he said he now had an account with DHL and would sent everything to me at the end of that week. Since then he has not collected his pm's nor replied to my e-mails that I sent via this forum, I have also sent texts to both of the mobile numbers I have for him - no response, and when I ring them I get no reply. I will try again shortly to phone him but don't hold out much hope.

·
Premium Member
3,106 Posts
Does anyone here have any phone numbers for him they could pass on to Lian - just in case she has a different number to someone else? I am not sure what else to suggest. If he is at Manchester then I am happy to ask him about the Maxeys and tell him to contact you Lian. Other suggestions welcome!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Thanks Cait if he is there and you could speak to him I would appreciate it.
I have two numbers for him and rang both of them again tonight. the first ending in 092 was answered by a gentleman who said I had the wrong Alan and probably wanted his son who would be in later tonight, he would ask him to call me. He also told me that his son did not have a mobile phone.
The other number ending in 765 did the same as it has on previous times I have rung just rang until it went into answer phone, I left another message.

·
Premium Member
2,305 Posts
Hmm... don't get me wrong, I don't know the guy, and I really hope it works out well for everyone who ordered stuff, but that sounds majorly dodgy to me.

Its one thing getting i bit bogged down with life stuff, but its quite another dissappearing from the forums, not answering PM's or texts, and not giving any information about whats happening.

·
Premium Member
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
MouseBreeder said:
Dom are you in touch with Alan? SarahC sent him a Maxey to work from I believe - if he's currently not making any and your friend is, maybe you can use that one and then return it to him afterwards? I do have a Maxey that I keep meaning to fix but it's lidless. Is that any use? I can take it to Manchester with me on Saturday if there's anyone travelling back down your way who could bring it to you.
when you say lid less do you mean nothing on the front or is the mesh bit there?

·
Premium Member
3,106 Posts
It's like this Dom:

The bit that I need to fix is the grill front, one side has come unglued from the punch bars that go across. I have the soldering iron now (bought specially) but it's one of those things I haven't gotten round to. I assume since you're a member that you have the yearbook with the diagram and measurements for a Maxey - would it help if I took close up photos of all the different bits of one for your friend (lidded and lidless since lidded tend to be more popular)?

·
Registered
258 Posts
SarahC said:
might be worth contacting metallica as they were on very friendly terms with him and will be at Manchester I would imagine.
I have sent an e-mail via this forum to Metallica, as I noticed he doesn't come on the forum that often. So fingers crossed this may work.

·
Premium Member
3,106 Posts
I have PMd you Dave's email if you want to send a copy to that address too. If Alan isn't at the show I will ask Anne Tomkins (Secretary) if he has updated his details with the NMC since he has moved (otherwise he can't receive the magazine) and if so I will get her to send them on to you. I take it that the Alan you spoke to saying you wanted his son didn't get him to ring back...

·
Registered
258 Posts
MouseBreeder said:
I have PMd you Dave's email if you want to send a copy to that address too. If Alan isn't at the show I will ask Anne Tomkins (Secretary) if he has updated his details with the NMC since he has moved (otherwise he can't receive the magazine) and if so I will get her to send them on to you. I take it that the Alan you spoke to saying you wanted his son didn't get him to ring back...
Many Thanks.
The Alan I spoke to last night either hasn't asked his 'son' to ring me or has done so and I am being ignored. My husband thinks it was probably Alan last night, but it sounded like a scottish guy in his 40 -50's and I thought Alan was in his 20's. Thinking about it if someone kept ringing your phone and sending texts and you weren't the recepient would you not contact that person and say you have a wrong number, but neither of the 'owners' of the two numbers I have have ever done so. Still perhaps things will sort themselves out in the end.

·
Premium Member
5,254 Posts
he is young and I have to say he did come across as genuine.He has had a few family issues and there was talk of him moving in with Dave.Lets just hope it's a blip.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.