Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would appreciate a picture of an obese mouse and a thin out of condition mouse.Pictures need to be good quality which counts my photographic skills out.I'd prefer a plain back ground and would like them to be of a colour that a name can be put to.I want to put the pictures in a mouse publication so would want your permission to share the pics.If anyone can help pm me your pictures :thanks

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
Oh gosh, contact Mrs.Beach about getting some pictures of Mrs.Peach! I just gave her that girl, and she's a big one! :p
Or Windyhill, who just got a HUGE brindle girl!

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I just culled out a load of my elderly nannies which were on the thin side. Oh well, I dont think I'd have the relevant photographic skills either.

·
Premium Member
5,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
always the way Ian always the way.Windyhill that mouse is just the thing,if you could try for a better picture great if not that will be fine.Its for part of an article I'm doing for our club magazine.Any one with an out of condition skinny minny?Confessions of the mousery .

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
[mini rant]
I could go to a -certain- pet store here, and take a picture of one of their feeders. . . :x
Theirs are always skinny, and in bad shape. I have a feeling they just don't feed them at all.
[/mini rant]

·
Premium Member
5,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
it's not very common to see mice in pet shops over here.I've got one or two does with litters that have had the roundness sucked out of them if a genuine out of condition one doesn't crop up.Funny how some maintain condition while nursing and others lose it.

·
Premium Member
2,305 Posts
I have a 4 week old girl that I plan on culling tonight, she isn't so much skinny, as sick.

You know the dwarfy, thin tailed kind of thing? I doubt that will help... but I could get a pic if you want.

W xx

·
Premium Member
5,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks willowdragon but it needs to be adult ish in size,I should have said.I need the pictures around the beginning of next month.I'm sure that even though we are such accomplished mousers one of us will produce a poor doer.I've just had a clear out so not got any,yet....

·
Premium Member
2,305 Posts
If I get any sick ones on the next few weeks (I hope I don't!!) I'll try to remember to take a pick for you.

W xx

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
I'll try to take a trip to that pet store today. :/
I won't like it, but it'll be the easier way of getting a picture of a sickly mouse.

·
Premium Member
729 Posts
I have one somewhere of a yellow banded/headspot and a yellow self.. i'll fish it out and pm it to you :)

·
Registered
436 Posts
I have a huge brindled lady, about 5 months old (adult). I'm going to try taking pictures of her right now. :) Sorry, I don't have any skinny or weak mice, but going to a petshop that sells poor-quality feeders would be a good idea. :?

Here are a couple:

If you don't like any, I won't be offended. That is my dear Poppy, a very friendly girl who I now call 'The Fatness.' You can see the chin rolls in the first picture!

--

And I must post this link simply because the mice in the images are huge, especially the first!

http://fatmouse.org/

·
Registered
436 Posts
:lol: I think all those pictures of the excessively enormous mice that are on the Fatmouse site and around the internet are laboratory-created knockout mice of some sort.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts