Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The time has finally come when I can set up my little mousery!! =oD I have a new job, moved in with my partner, am totally settled... and i'm getting a shed! hehee
The shed will be bought on friday, will be ready in two weeks after that and then i need to set up my cage arrangements (Little side question, does anyone on here make and sell RUB's? For delivery? =oD)

I have decided i would much rather get my mice from breeders than the pet shop, especially if i am gonna breed them!
I'm only going to be a hobby breeder, so it won't be a huge set up (Not at first anyway) so I am looking for maybe 3 Does and 1 Buck? (Maybe 2 Bucks if they live well together)

What I am looking for:
Good temprement! I want to be able to handle them easily.
I like dilutes, blues, doves etc, but colour isn't as important as temprement/personality.
I LOVE Satin and Astrex coats!

I don't drive, so i wouldn't be able to get too far unfortunately...Dartford, Gillingham, Bluewater, Crayford. Maye a bit futher if its not too long on the train! =o)

If you think you could help me, i would muchly appreciate it! <3

Willow xx

·
Premium Member
2,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just thought I would add that I have worked out my route and will probably be coming to London Champs to have a look around and maybe chat with some breeders and see what a good typey mouse looks like. (I'm assuming that I can come, if I'm not entering any animals?)
And i should be all set up by the 12th! hehe

·
Premium Member
5,254 Posts
Its open to anyone.Its for all sorts not just for mice and for that reason there is an entry fee.A bit like normal dog shows are free but crufts you have to pay to get in.I don't know the charge.Anyone?

·
Premium Member
2,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you! =o)

Parking won't be a problem as i will be going on the train! lol

Willow xx

·
Premium Member
2,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The shed is bought!! =oD

Hopefully, it should be here for next week, cos it says delivery time 5 to 10 days.

Willow xx

·
Premium Member
2,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I got a 7 x 7 in the end... was gonna get a 7 x 5, but it only ended up being another £25! hehee

I think I will have more than enough space for what I need :D I don't ever plan on branching out to anything bigger than a rattie! hehee

Willow xx

·
Premium Member
2,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Okay... shed should be arriving this week, food is bought, bedding and nesting material bought! Some Rubs bought (Thanks Dom!) and hopefully all should get here within 2 weeks.

Have spoken to a couple of fabulously lovely breeders about there mice, and i'm confident I will (hopefully) be getting some fantastic starting stock.

I am hoping to start my own line of satin astrex mice (Very long term goal) so if anyone has satins, astrex or good show type mice I am always willing to look! =oD

Willow xx

·
Premium Member
2,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Shed is coming on wednesday! Excited now... hehee

Food and bedding is already here! =oD I don't think i have ever seen such a big packet of hay! It will last for MONTHS! Hehee!

Getting rubs from the brilliant Leigh and Dom, and hopefully mice shall soon follow! hehee

Willow xx

1 - 14 of 14 Posts