Pet Mice Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm desperately looking for a trio or (possibly) 2 pairs of himalayan marked mice, does anyone know any breeders in the UK?

I'm in Kent but happy to travel please e-mail me [email protected] any information hugely appreciated I don't know if it's worth me going to any of the up coming shows to try and find some do you think?

·
Registered
394 Posts
We have 2 himmi does expecting at the mo :) They were paired with a siamese buck so not sure what the babies will be either himmi or smeezie :) :lol:

·
Registered
374 Posts
Naomi, I thought i recognised you but wasn't sure, but now recognise your last name too. You do know himi mice are MUCH different to himi cavies? himi mice don't breed true like cavies do. so if you want himi mice you will need siamese and pe whites also.
more info your best to post in the getetics o breeding sections ;)

vi x

·
Registered
128 Posts
I think himi to siamese will give you 50/50 chances of Himi and Siamese offspring.. .although I'm not entirely sure why!

Violet is correct - to breed true himi you are best to mate himi to PEW to keep the single himi gene in the offspring or you'll end up with siamese at some point.

I'm sure i've seen a comment from Mousebreeder that there are very few good quality Himilayan about... maybe you could blaze a trail!

Paul

·
Premium Member
3,106 Posts
A himalayan has one copy of the himalayan gene (two copies make siamese) and one copy of the albino gene (c dilute). If you breed himalayan x himalayan you get 25% siamese, 25% PEW and 50% himalayan. It's true that there aren't any good show examples about at the moment, though there are good siamese and good PEWs.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
MouseBreeder said:
A himalayan has one copy of the himalayan gene (two copies make siamese) and one copy of the albino gene (c dilute). If you breed himalayan x himalayan you get 25% siamese, 25% PEW and 50% himalayan. It's true that there aren't any good show examples about at the moment, though there are good siamese and good PEWs.
I think I would like to pop an ivory satin into the mix too - how nice would that be???

Do you have any ivory satins spare??? :D

Fae would LOVE a siamese and a himalayan or 2 siamese or whatever lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.