Pet Mice Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i am new to this site and i am looking for a hairless mouse, i am wanting a doe. We have just lost one due to a tumour. She was our first and she was the most wonderfull loving little thing i had ever met, so we would love another one.
I live in marske in teeside and dont want to travel too far, do hopefully someone might have one near to us.
Please click here to email me
sue x

·
Registered
261 Posts
Do you have another doe she can go with? It is a MUST that you keep female mice in at least pairs as they are sociable animals.

Ruth

·
Registered
261 Posts
Also, please post an introduction post in the introduction forum, as not doing so is against forum rules.

Ruth

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ruthy said:
Do you have another doe she can go with? It is a MUST that you keep female mice in at least pairs as they are sociable animals.

Ruth
No i dont, to be honest we bought the other one we had from a pet shop and didnt know alot about them, we brought a male haired one home first but the stench of him was unbelievable, didnt know you could get hairless ones and with daughter been asthmatic decided to take other one back and woman in shop said this female hairless one is better. But didnt tell us anything else, would of loved two, but to be honest always nervous of buying from petshops cos i asked them to show me how to sex them and she wasnt sure so we stuck with one. So if a breeder had 2 females that would be GREAT.

·
Premium Member
5,254 Posts
there is a mouse show in cleveland during the summer,held at one of the agricultural shows,if nothing crops up before then for you that might be a good bet. Its the cleveland show,last year it was during july.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I got my first mice when I was a young child which was sort of the late 80s and the pet shop were unable to sex the mice and we ended up having babies (lots of them!). Anyway I now supply the same pet shop and the woman who sold us the mice in the late 80s is now the manager of the small animal department and she only buys does from me because she is still unable to sex mice!!!!!
I dont understand how pet shop owners/workers are allowed to sell animals without being able to sex them.

Good luck finding a couple of hairless, I got my first one last weekend and I love her to bits, she is a very special addition to my mouse shed :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sarahc said:
there is a mouse show in cleveland during the summer,held at one of the agricultural shows,if nothing crops up before then for you that might be a good bet. Its the cleveland show,last year it was during july.
Great i will go there then and see if anyone has any in any sale pens. Thanks for that. It took about 2 years to agree to letting my daughter have a mouse, but we loved her to bits she was great couldnt get over what great pets they make and how tame they are, she used to sit lovely on a night with us watching the tele, god love her, only wish now we had got her a pal but wasnt sure if they would fight.
Thanks for writing back.
sue x

·
Premium Member
3,106 Posts
They don't have mice for sale at the shows, you'd have to organise things beforehand and collect from the breeder on the day.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I've got the fuzzy sheep mice and they are fantastic. They are so sweet natured and they do blossom into gorgeous little things. They are a bit scraggy at first mind. Failing that I have just had an unexpected litter :oops: . I am making an assumption that there will be hairless in there as it is a hairless x hairless mating. I am such a softy that I struggle to let mine go but I've now got 40+ with these babies. Hope you get sorted ....if not let me know as I will have loads :lol: .

You will not be disappointed with the fuzzy sheep mice (assuming they are coming from same place).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.