Pet Mice Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,106 Posts
Daisy's right, true hairless isn't currently available in the UK outside labs as far as I know, though it is in America. However with selective breeding you can make fuzzies very bald... see below....

PEW hairless buck (bred by me)

Another hairless buck bred by me

·
Premium Member
3,106 Posts
They were lovely, if I had space I'd have some again but the show mice are taking up all my room :lol: But as you can see you can get typey hairless if you choose which ones you breed with too, I see a lot of the current fuzzies out there are small and weedy so be careful if you're searching for some to breed from. If it's a long term project then you might want to use a fuzzy buck and cross to a normal doe (not the other way round).

·
Premium Member
3,106 Posts
This is why I thought you wanted to breed (your post from another thread):

awwwww! how adorable! I was thinking of breeding my fuzzy but I dont have other fuzzys so not sure what you get from a fuzzy and normal match. shud probably find out lol but they are gorgeous. they look so delicate and small.
If you are just looking at a pet doe then that's a safer bet as I'd be worried about breeding from some of the fuzzy does since they are so tiny. Good luck and hope you find what you're after.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.