Pet Mice Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to get a complete hairless (not fuzzy).
Preferably one thats fairly young.

·
Registered
341 Posts
not sure if anyone in the uk has compleatley hairless.... most are fuzzy to some degree... even some of the smoothest

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea lol I know. I just ment one that looks like the one in your banner. not one that clearly is a fuzzy like Misty the one i have :)

·
Premium Member
3,106 Posts
Daisy's right, true hairless isn't currently available in the UK outside labs as far as I know, though it is in America. However with selective breeding you can make fuzzies very bald... see below....

PEW hairless buck (bred by me)

Another hairless buck bred by me

·
Premium Member
3,106 Posts
They were lovely, if I had space I'd have some again but the show mice are taking up all my room :lol: But as you can see you can get typey hairless if you choose which ones you breed with too, I see a lot of the current fuzzies out there are small and weedy so be careful if you're searching for some to breed from. If it's a long term project then you might want to use a fuzzy buck and cross to a normal doe (not the other way round).

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm not looking for breeding anyway, hence why I put my ad in the non-breeding section :)
I'm looking for another doe to go with my other lil beauties, would like a hairless that isnt as fuzzy as the
one I already have as I want them to be different. :)

·
Premium Member
3,106 Posts
This is why I thought you wanted to breed (your post from another thread):

awwwww! how adorable! I was thinking of breeding my fuzzy but I dont have other fuzzys so not sure what you get from a fuzzy and normal match. shud probably find out lol but they are gorgeous. they look so delicate and small.
If you are just looking at a pet doe then that's a safer bet as I'd be worried about breeding from some of the fuzzy does since they are so tiny. Good luck and hope you find what you're after.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
nah I would like a satin fuzzy but I dont think I'll go ahead with it. Just looking for a pet one :)
Thanks

·
Registered
341 Posts
i should have a few more hairless litters over the next couple of months so watch this space... caits right about some being weedy, i've had a few weedy ones pop out but now that my lines are maturing the size is starting to improve which is super!

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oooo sounds good I would'nt actually mind having a weedy one though, I love how small they are. And as I wouldn't be breeding them, it shouldn't matter too much :) Misty is very tiny compared to the rest of the girls and I like that about her :D

·
Registered
341 Posts
ok, well i will keep you posted on litters... i'll be putting my latest bucks out to stud soon so there should be some really special babies

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.