Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my teeny baby buck home yesterday and I noticed that he either doesn't know how or is scared of his saucer. I put him on it and very slowly turn it and he just jumps on to my hand! I have an old silent spinner that my girls used to have before I got the saucer and that scared him so much that he peed all over my bed!
How do I get him used to his saucer?

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Alright then :? I was worried for a minute!
Also, he is VERY small so maybe he has trouble turning it.
I dunno

Thanks

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ah well, I'll just give it time.
I was just concerned that he might get fat!

·
Registered
177 Posts
ok thanks;-)

i know i nervt with my comands, but this things arent verry good.

in a weehl, themice can not fly out of it, but here, themice run and maybee more than one mice on this think, the got high speed and than one of them or all fly in all directions.

they hurt them one by runnig on it an fly acros the cage.

so i like the weehls more than these saucer.

i dont know how it works in a smaler cage.. but the mice can get contakt to the cage i think.

isn't it?

du you have made good adviced with them!?

lg viv

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well they are supposed to be the safest excercise toys for rodents around at the moment but i understand what you mean about them falling out. That hasn't happened to me though.
x

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
It doesnt seem to bother them when they fall off as they always get straight back on. Also the mice leanr quickly how to use the saucers and do become good at gripping.

I definately would recommend saucers over the wheels, I worry about the effect of spending such a long time with their spine and tail curved upwards.

This thread has made me dig out my old saucers and wheels and Ive given them to my young does which I'm running on, they spend loads of time on them and I think its doing them good. I dont generally give my mice wheels and toys and things as they arent pets they are breeding stock.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hi!

My mice love the saucer (and the wheel). They worked them out within a day or so, but they were six weeks old when they first tried. Now the babies are learning from the adults so should be earlier ,but I am sure with time your mousie will also learn no probs, they love playing!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts