Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont think my doe is producing milk for her litter, I have a nanny in with them who ate her own litter could she think that this is hers ? the mother and nanny are both in the nest ive been giving plenty of protien to the mother.

Shall i take out the nanny and see what happenes ?

The babies have no milk band :S

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Angelmouse said:
Oh goodness! I really dont know, you could take out the nanny, I suppose the mum maybe feeling threatend, I havent been breeding mice long enough to give you good advice and know one else is on at the mo, go with your gut instinct Mark thats all you can do for now :? Is there anyone you can phone? A vet maybe?
I tried the vets near me all are closed stupid people and im too far away from my own vet to get there.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Closed!....there should always be a vet on call 24/7 if not then they are not very good! That stinks, might just be a mouse to them but its still an animal and they are supposed to be there for animals. I'd complain in writting?
Any how hope you get on okay with the babies and someone get some advice to you quick smart! Where is everybody!

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Angelmouse said:
Closed!....there should always be a vet on call 24/7 if not then they are not very good! That stinks, might just be a mouse to them but its still an animal and they are supposed to be there for animals. I'd complain in writting?
Any how hope you get on okay with the babies and someone get some advice to you quick smart! Where is everybody!
The vet pactice near me which is just a walk away is closed and they have a 24hour vet surgery open but its too far away for me.

If i had bleeding transport id be straight there.

Ive taken the nanny mouse and i noticed that the babies where trying to suckle from her but hes out now and got a nice welcome back into my female group.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Has she got any milk in her teats then, if they were trying to suckle then maybe she has started producing some for them? Just a thought..... How is mum is she nesting with them or staying well away? If she is staying well away then maybe take her out and put the nanny back as the babies were trying to feed from her. Apart from that I have no other ideas sorry... nature will take its course at the end of the day lets hope it ends the good way.

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Angelmouse said:
Has she got any milk in her teats then, if they were trying to suckle then maybe she has started producing some for them? Just a thought..... How is mum is she nesting with them or staying well away? If she is staying well away then maybe take her out and put the nanny back as the babies were trying to feed from her. Apart from that I have no other ideas sorry... nature will take its course at the end of the day lets hope it ends the good way.
The mother is in the nest i but i think the nanny was covering the babies so she couldnt get to them, The nanny doesnt look as if she producing milk.

They are both longhaired so it quite hard to see lol.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts