Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,063 Posts
Some people say that during the final stages of pregnancy you can see the babies moving around inside which may explain gut spasms? Ive not seen this myself though although mine sometimes get a bit lumpy.

If she is having problems birthing you will probably see her being quite floppy and weak. I woudl imagine she is just preparing to give birth rather than anything wrong because in my experience when my does have had problems with birthing they have shown no real signs of distress and they died very quickly over night. So I hope your doe is ok and soon you'll have a healthy litter. Good Luck.

· Registered
1,063 Posts
You would only need a scalpel, they cant be too hard to get hold of. I have a friend who works at a zoo and she is real into to dissection and taxidermy so she is quite useful for doing autopsies. Although I find that with mice the cause of death is usually quite obvious, ie massive tumours.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.