Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As requested took some pics this morning.
First is grandma, I felt sorry for her. The pics yesterday made her look mad :D

Now mummy

and now the babies

Thats how mum looked when she was little. She was still like that after weaning. It was some time between weaning and 12 weeks when the spots started to appear. And they are still appearing. Basically this all happened gradually, she is around 5 months old and this is her first litter.
So any ideas? :D

·
Premium Member
729 Posts
Wow!! Those markings!!

I'll take her if you don't want her :D

·
Premium Member
3,510 Posts
I think that chocolate is a really striking mouse. Kind of like an inverse variegated. Please keep us updated, I'd like to know just how white she goes!

Sarah xxx

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You know i never noticed that her pattern was symetrical. I'm gonna have to investigate when i go in the shed next :D

·
Registered
687 Posts
she is very nice and very unusual, I personally have not seen speckling on a mouse like this before. It will be very interesting to see how it developes and to see if the babys develope it aswell.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Checked when i went in the shed....and blow me you were right willow, her markings are almost perfectly symetrical :shock:
By the way did you show the pic to your friend?

·
Premium Member
2,305 Posts
I did indeed and I got a reply from him earlier today.

He has NO IDEA... and he's much more up on the genetics side of things, the dude is a Dr! LOL

He suggested breeding back a male offspring with the white present to the mum, to see how a double dose of the gene effects the babies... if you get all white babies in the litter, it does sound like some sort of variation of the lethal white gene.

And seriously now... I need me some of these mice, I am totally intriged. I will swap you some chams if you want!! LOL

W xx

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wow if a Dr Gene doesn't know then i'm stuffed :lol: :lol:
When I checked today I think I've got a Buck and a Doe :D
So when they are old enough I can experiment :geek:

·
Registered
103 Posts
hello I have see this chocolate mouse in Front of this post ... i have 2 years ago also a buck like she looks... I was search from the Gen... but i don't found one... so i have talke white my Vet doc...and she told me that it is a virus how make this white points..

look my buck...

regards Tipex

PS: I have make a lot of testings.. with a lot of back cross ...but never i have a little like he look... so it could be this virus...

·
Registered
103 Posts
http://www.dias.kvl.dk/Plantvirology/es ... other.html look here...but this is for flowers (it is not the same Virus, but it make the same with the color).. for animal i don't can found..becaus it is very very unusual... but my vet doc have seeing a Horse and a Cat how have the same... and in the test it was a virus... but for mice it is to expencive to make a lab-test...

regard tipex

·
Premium Member
6,816 Posts
A virus. eh? Intriguing. It does look like a similar thing, doesn't it? and both of you have meeces with markings that look nothing like any naturally occuring mousie markings, even my tris have shown nothing like it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts