Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Wondered if anyone could educate me on Satins?

I have, what I think, is a Satin in a litter of PEWS (dead cert, I actually saw which Mummy gave birth this time :lol: ) but I've not had a Satin babber before so wondered if you clever bunch could have a looksee for me. Is it even possible, since niether Mum nor Dad are Satins? Could it be that one (or both) is hiding Satin? Or is it just that this little mousie is A) further behind in getting it's coat through and B) just happened to catch the light in a way the others didn't?

She/he is the one that appears naked

Then gets the light and seems to have some coat through

Middle bottom with litter mates

Top right with a litter mate

These were the best i could get without too much light glare from them being so white. See what I mean about how it looks like she is behind on getting her coat through but in the light she actually has and is all shiny? Not having a Satin before, I wanted to check =)

x

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Whoop! Thanks Sarahy! I best go look into how Satin works then as I've wanted Satins for ages but hadn't been able to track any down. Now I have my own I should really think on how I can work S/he into my breeding plans. I prey to god it's got a not-too-bad type!

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Sarah, I need to be a bit careful with that though as these are a set up and well-working colony, so if the little one is male, it is a no-go. Fingers crossed for a little girly!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts