Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nephew gave the mice part of a chocolate chip cookie. Will my mouse be okay? It was only one mouse tho who ate it, so he says. So should she be okay if it was a small amount? Or am I doomed to lose another mouse? :(
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,009 Posts
Hiya,

There are very few studies as to the effects of chocolate on mice and rats. With rats, they can tolerate greater amounts of chocolate per unit of bodyweight than a dog but it is wise not to push it. For mice no data exists.

Only advice I can give you is to monitor mousy. Most of what it ate should have been cookie and not chocolate but hopefully it will be ok!

(Temporary sterility has been reported in rats given theobromine, the toxin in chocolate, so if you have male breeding mice they may 'fire blanks' for a while!)
 
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Top