Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was cleaning the rodents out yesterday and taking out babies ready to leaves mums etc, when i was checking one group and thought Crikey that babies got massive ears, i picked it up and looked closer, looked at other babies and thought, well actually its ears don't look much bigger than everyone else, but something about it looks very strange...

I came to the conclusion that his ears are positioned on top of his head like a cat! he looks very funny, most of my mices ears have about a cm spacing between the ears on the top of the head, this guys/girls must be just half a cm apart and he looks very amusing :lol:

Has anyone else ever had one like this? looks like hes had his ears pinned together :p

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Yes! I hate it. And it always seems to be that the mice with the best tails have the worst ear placement, or that the mice with the best color have the worst ears AND tails. It's not fair. :p

·
Premium Member
6,817 Posts
Oh, I see; the ears are fairly large and smooth of wrinkles; no Easter Mousie. My Easter Mousie had the smaller ears that most of my meeces have, narrower and taller. Still an amusing oddity, though.

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
That's a lot closer than I had imagined! The blaze down the middle helps create the illusion of them being closer together, too. If the area between the ears was one color, they might appear farther apart.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.