Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Proud Maxey Owners,

I've decided to have a bash at making my own Maxeys, and I would be very grateful if someone who already has some could take some really clear, big(ish) pictures of one (particularly the grill front bit) and post them up?

Just as a side thought, if I copy the instructions and diagrams out of my Exhibition and Pet Mice book and post those too, perhaps this thread could be a sticky to help newbies make their own Maxeys?

As a random thought, if every NMC member made just one Maxey and donated it to the club, think how many there'd be to hire!

Many thanks in advance!

Sarah xxx

·
Premium Member
3,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's great Cait, thank you :)

Now I'm wondering where the bloomin' heck I'm going to find grill bits like that... Anyone have any ideas?

Sarah xxx

·
Premium Member
3,106 Posts
I'm afraid the last people who made them had to solder individual bits of wire together... fun eh?

·
Premium Member
5,254 Posts
The bars are punch bar fronts which are used to make fronts for cage bird show cages.Canary or finch size would be needed.I suggest you get a copy of a news paper called cage and aviary available from w h smiths to look for a supplier.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I've got some wire fronts going spare.
I think I have around 10 of them also an unfinished maxey to work from as well, they came with the last set of maxey's I picked up but are of no use to me.
pm if interested.

·
Premium Member
3,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, Steve's selling me some grills (Thank you!) so I will take pictures and do a step by step guide, and let you all know how I get on :cool:

Sarah xxx

1 - 12 of 12 Posts