Pet Mice Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 17 Posts

· Premium Member
6,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In responses to a request, here are pix of a couple of different kinds of ticked tris.

First is and old sweetie, Schmitty. an agouti tri He's almost two years old, and was bred once. He has a really thick long coat, and is a real cuddlebuddy.

Next is a young blue agouti tri:

I accidentally posted a pic of a boy and labeled it as a girl. Sorry. They say the mind is the first thing to go....

· Premium Member
6,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You are getting up in my grill, Jack. Schmitty has a perfectly lovely coat; I especially like this kind of long hair that feathers in
layers. It's one of my favorite types of coats, and I have selected for it in many cases.

First of all, blue is a dilution from black, so reversion to black happens. Secondly, If an agouti tri is Aa, you get reversion to black in part. Third, you know I don't breed for who standard. An fourth of all, and perhaps most important to me is that I strongly hold that the definitions and standards have been set prematurely before the whole ball of wax has been described properly.

Fifth, how long is that soapbox or yours going to last?

· Premium Member
6,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We're talking tricolors here, Jack. Unexpected and odd things happen with tri. Oh, and don't tell me my mousie's coat is 'wrong'; that is just plain wrong. Blue is a dilution of black. A combination of dilution factors along with tri can create combinations that are otherwise not possible with ordinary meeces. Yes, I'm, saying that there are two factors one dilutes up, another dilutes down, in one mousie. Pretty slick. Complicated, but slick.

You are entitled to an opinion, but you are not the arbiter of fact, or reality, or 'right' or wrong, for that matter.

· Premium Member
6,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Since this is neither the breeding section nor the genetics section, you may question why I call these what I call these, but you should not tell me what to do with my pictures. I am more than willing to explain further ; but I'm not willing to be pushed around by you or anyone else.

You are blessed to be so easily amused. Taking sides is for teams; I suggest you find the arena and someone willing to play like that. Your venialty will no doubt do you well there.

1 - 6 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.