Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I fell in love with this female today so naturally....i had to buy her.

I know the colouring 'should' be black on top, tan tummy and black eyes. But Ollie has pink eyes, tan tummy and a silky grey back.

What is she? (and if i breed with my tri colour broken marked buck, what colours could i expect?)

I love this pic of her

(just noticed how nice my nails look lol, so pleased i cleaned them!) xxx

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah i know what you mean, it's hard to judge what colours are when you're online. I just spotted her and fell in love with her colouring. Then she woke up and opened her eyes and they were pink!!

The guy i got her from said that the colouring is usually black on top, tan belly and black eyes. I just think she's gorgeous!!

·
Premium Member
6,817 Posts
Ollie is the very picture of one of many too dark champagne tans I've had over the years. Her top color looks a bit pinkish or lavender, her tan is pretty nice. I think she's a very, very pretty mousie indeed. Truthfully, I think the standard for champagne must have changed over the years, or is different in England than it is here, as Ollie looks a lot like pix of champagnes I've seen in books that were written decades ago. I'd have bought her if she'd showed up in my local pet shop.

The same litters that produced meeces like this in my mousery also produced silvers that were too dark. I suppose it's possible for Ollie to be a very diluted chocolate, but I'd expect the tanned belly to be lighter if that were the case.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Jack, i just looked on the N M C (as i'm going to join :D ) and according to their breed selection she's a Dove Tan.

So pleased we've sussed her colouring as it was driving me insane all day lol. She's going to be bred with my broken marked tri colour buck. Can't wait :D xx

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
to be honest at the moment i'm still testing the water so to speak with mouse breeding, tri tans would be nice....but i'd settle for a litter of odd and rather cute little foxes :) i'll have to get a pic of the buck i'll be breeding her with, and when she has her littler i'll keep you posted on the developments :) xxx

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.