Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
394 Posts
Mixed flake (barley, pea, maize etc)
right sorry to be a real pain in the bum but ive been doing some more searching for everything you sujested to use,well this 1 is confussling me...all i can find is this...Masham Micronized Feeds Mixed Flakes (Size: 25 kg) whats the brand of the 1 you use Cait?

· Registered
394 Posts
Well we done a bit of searching and found a farm shop about 5 mins from my MIL's house so we told her what we wanted and she went and got it all for us...the mixed flake mix she got us is a horse and pony mix...she was told it was a flake mix so bought that however looking at the ingredients we arent to sure...

heres a list of whats in it

cooked flaked barley,
oat feed (a by product of the oatmeal industry)
grassmeal
molasses
Wheatfeed
cooked flaked peas
dicalcium phosphate
limestone
sodium chloride
soya oil
calcined magnesite
vitemans and minerals

nutrient analysis

protein 9.0%
moisture 14%
fibre 13%
oil 2.5%
ash 7.5%
vitamin A 9600 IU/kg
vitamin D3 1200 IU/kg
vitamin E (alpha tocopheroi) 40 IU/kg
copper (cupric sulphate) 20 mg/kg

any help would be appreciated :D

· Registered
394 Posts
we tried supa rat and 1 point and they dont touch it coz its pellets but its just a moist mix.we got that along with the wild bird seed and the rolled oats.they are so not what i expected...they look like popcorn before its been cooked :?

· Registered
394 Posts
yes i have to agree daisy id never have dreamt of feeding mice horse food coz like you say look at the size dif! i will have 2 give it a try so it will be a case of trial and error wish us luck...will be reporting to you Cait if we end up with caffine addicted nut job mice lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.