Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
12 October (Sun) Peterborough Agricultural Show

25 October Swindon Mouse Club

These two shows I am going to so i was just wondering if anyone else was? I will be taking some BEC's and PEW's. Iv been to these two shows once!!! Hope to see one of you guys there!

Who else is going then?

·
Premium Member
3,106 Posts
Should be at P'boro. Not got many mice to show (think I'll only be taking 4) but it's not far from me and I like chatting to people :D

·
Registered
160 Posts
Hoping to make the Swindon show
Doubt ill be showing anything, everyone is working on improving the lines from my last show entrants ;)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
For each of the two shows i will be taking 1 u8 week doe PEW and 1 u8 week buck Cream. I am looking forward to the shows and I am hoping to do better in the Peterborough show unlike last time. At Swindon I got 1st in the PEW class last year so hoping to do it again but hopefully get somewhere in the challenges next.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i know im getting very excited and ian finally we can meet up for the first time lol. hopefully will be seeing u do well with ur rumpwhites!! :D ;)

cya then and at swindon?

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I didn't hang around much at the mice (not my choice!!) so unfortunately I didnt really see anyone. I did manage to get a third with one rump white although in fairness there was only 4 entries and the fourth one was also mine :lol: The best thing was showing my mice to the rump white experts and getting some very helpful tips and literally being show exactly what is wrong and what its meant to look like which is so valuable to me at this stage.
Anyway, Im hoping that I am going to make it to Swindon on the 25th and certainly will be there and hope to see and chat to lots more people.

·
Premium Member
5,254 Posts
caught a quick glimpse of you Ian before you disappeared.Well done with your r/white and look forward to seeing you at Swindon.

·
Registered
341 Posts
i was way distracted but all the other goings on, pigs and birds and bunnys (which if you say bunny in front of a rabbit fancier they frown) :lol:

was good to see ian put something in - me next then i guess! oh and super pleased sarah had a couple of my boys as they were FAR too nice for snakes bellies!

and i lurve my new mice :D thanks cait - (and joe but i dont think he would come on here?!)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I got no where in the 2nd or 4th class but I got 2nd and 3rd in juvenile so i accomplished my goal of getting somewhere unlike last year. I also started talking to Keith Berry and he is going to bring me some dutch to the december cup show because he is the dutch so hes bringing me some down :D
iv got a choose; cinnamon, Liliac, black, chocolate, blue and agouti so i have quite a chose to make!!! :D

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
whos going to swindon then? since i live down south there arent many shows i can go to so i go to as many as possible!! :p

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I use to breed Blue Dutch. I was advised to go for chocolate and black, because i can put them together and get the two colours in a litters. I would like to see what cinnamons, liliacs etc would be like!!! I heard that chocolate have bigger ears since other dutch have small ears? is that true?

·
Premium Member
5,254 Posts
I can't say as I have noticed a significant differance in ear size but in any case if winning is what you are interested in then ears won't play a big part.If winning is important then you have the best chance with blacks followed by chocs/blues.If showing/winning is not so important to you then experimenting with other colours is fine.Fawns,lilacs and agoutis occasionally appear on the show bench but are more likely to be penalised for poor colour.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts