Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been meaning to do this for AGES, so here as planned, are a few pictures of my non-micey fiends. Not friends, fiends.
Right, let's start out with the cute and fluffy.

Sally, my bichon Frise

Snoopy cat

Dylan, Harliquin Lionhead (buck) -his baby picture

Nina, Magpie Lionhead (doe)

(this picture amuses me :) )

Please excuse their poor excuse of a mane, I don't think I have any pictures of them with manes..

Now for the ones that tun my room into a sauna in summer!

My (rather empty) Fish tank

This guy..

ate all the small fish. There's other bigger fish, but they're hiding in the slate cave :)

Mojo, my male Juvenile Chinese Water Dragon (his crest looks tiny in the picture)

Fish, my near enough hatchling Bosc monitor

Chilling in the sun!

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Awww! They're all so cute! That cat looks angry. "Get that camera out of my face, woman!" :lol:

·
Premium Member
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haha, he's always so photogenic, so i though i'd catch him at his worse :p
I also have a photo of him yawning somewhere...

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
What kind of fish is that (the big predator one)? I've seen them in petstores before...

·
Premium Member
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Jack, he's a rainbow snakehead, one of the smaller kinds, only grow up to 20cm. He's a baby still at 10 cm, but it can eat anything half the length of it's body :) normaly they're really expensive, but he wasn't badly priced
Then there's other kinds which can grow over a metre.. Mine loves to bite my fingers when i sort the plants out, really hurts :lol: he has nasty teeth!!

haha I know she's adorable, I may take her with on the road trip to fetch miceys :)

·
Premium Member
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Haha, i think she'd rather go home with you :p I've been calling her stinky lately, dispite the lack of stench

·
Premium Member
3,106 Posts
The water dragon is lovely, I always admire them whenever in a retile shop. And of course the bichon frise is sweet - what are their good and bad points? We considered getting one after meeting a neighbour's but the dirty 'beard' thing put me off :oops:

·
Premium Member
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Unless you're after a lot of work don't get a bichon :p honestly, I ended up with her because I wanted a dog, and my dad would only let me have something small, white, fluffy and pathetic. And the lest pathetic was the bichon (maltese and shitzu being my other choices).
Bad points-head strong, can sometimes be hard to train, they turn into your own personal white shadow, some say they're hard to house train (my old neighbour adopted a rescue one and it refused to go outside unless my dog did), a fair amount of barking to protect the house, little dog syndrome, separation anxiety, skin problems, weepy eyes, high maintenance coat!
The main ones that are irritating is the barking, anxiety, the coat, thinks she's always right. Plus i don't know why, but she gets too happy when she sees dogs that she sometimes turns agressive and snaps.
Though after puppy hood, Sally had no problems with it. Brown beards and brown grass patches can be solved by putting tomato juice with their food. Although she's a pedigree, she's much bigger than others, and her coat is different. Normally bichons have a very tightly curled coat, but sally's is straight.
Good points-Lovely, tolerant, great with kids, can be very easy to train, will guard you, they bark instead of yapping (♥), gentle, live for a long time (15 years-ish), they don't shed, they have hair not fur, hypo-allergenic, playful, great with other animals (Sally will let mice run along her and in her coat), trust worthy, once the training barrier is broken they are lovely to train, they love to please, THEY CAN READ YOUR MIND!!, competitive (good with training), all round cuddles!

As much as I love my dog, if she looked like other bichons, I would hate her xD I think they're so ugly!

I made a video last year for a behaviour assignment, she's learned a few more tricks since then :) by the way this so does not sound like me O: http://www.youtube.com/user/Megzilla92# ... kNp1bJRZ4Q

·
Registered
566 Posts
*that fish* is an african carnivorous fish. I used to keep them, the genus i had were Senegalis. I used to feed mine on fresh salmon or cod. They then to be ambush fish, and will lay and wait for little fishies to swim past....then they become lush. Basically anything that fits into their mouth they will eat.

Mine were silly tame, and would feed from my hand.

They can actually survive for a period outside water, as they're related to lung fish etc. strange, interesting and rather primative fish :) i love them. xx

·
Premium Member
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
miss.understood said:
*that fish* is an african carnivorous fish.
Nope, my species is from India. You get a few from africa, but most of them are from india and a few from china :) lovely fish though, aren't they?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts