Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...and I need to find a way to make sure my meece can stay cool. Today has knocked me for six, let alone the meece, and it's not really Summer yet! :)

Any suggestions for creating 'cool patches' etc. please? The cage is well-ventilated but the position of my block of flats means that we don't get a very strong through-draught.

Thanks! :cool:

·
Premium Member
1,613 Posts
Our Rubs have space for 2 water bottles so last year i used to freeze one bottle per box so they would always have ice cold water.

Another thing we done last year was put ice cubes in a bowl and just replace them with fresh ones when needed.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Last time we had a hot summer (remind me .... when was that again) I used to freeze bottles of water for my guinea pigs and then just put the frozen bottles in their cages. They can then lie next to them to cool down and also the they can lick the condensation off the bottles. You need to remember though only to fill the bottles half to three quarters full as when the water freezes it expands. You would quite often se them lying next to the frozen bottles .... Now just need to find teeny bottles for the meece !!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts