Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, my stupid mommy mouse Dakota got out of her cage through a little hole in the cage that I had clogged, taped, seran rapped, ect. Then one of my family (unknown) thought it wasn't supposed to be there and removed it. Needless to say, she escaped and luckily, thirty minutes later we found her. We put her back in her cage, new beding, more food and her pups. I was wondering, do you suppose she will abandon/kill her pups or do the right thing and take care of them well?

·
Premium Member
6,816 Posts
I didn't know you were a mouse! Heehee! They and she will probably be just fine. You need a new set up or a significant repair. Try metallic window screening; I use it on all my plastic tanks and it nearly mouseproof. I mold it to fit under the cage top and it works really well. The top get a bit harder to get off and back on but it's cheap and it works. A small roll of screening should cost $7 or $8. bucks at Home Depot.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
okay, well, I'm going to block it again and put notes on it, and just make sure the holes not big enough. I moved her to a different cage and she will not be going back to the old cage any time soon. I am going to be checking on her every hour I'm home. Thanks

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So, the babies are great. She fed them and their healthy and happy, except the runt. He is now 4 times smaller than the rest and is redish in color. I can see under the skin which is very wrinkled and there is something that is very pink and stand-outish on him. We left him and his mom together for ten minutes and she was trying to get him to attach, but he wasn't moving much.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts