Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is are Bucks in the Stud Buck Class judged on and at what point should they be shown in Stud Buck rather than Adult.

I have a buck I would like to show, he isnt perfect colour wise but he is a really big chunky typy buck opposed to my other selfs which are still small and crinkly eared. I have breed from him but he isnt beaten up at all.

·
Premium Member
5,254 Posts
they need to be big and butch,v v v butch.They are judged on their potential to breed winners and most importantly on the likelyhood of them being able to improve a stud.They certainly don't need to be able to hold their own in a straight class but have to be entered to allow them entry in the stud buck.Did that make sense?Another fancier described it thus...geff capes would win the stud buck but david beckham wouldnt,vice versa for best in show.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah thank you that makes perfect sense. I'm not sure my buck is suitable I think he is probably about half way between david beckham and geoff capes. I think in a couple more generations though I'll be getting to a good place, I just hvae to be more patient.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts