Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used to breed feeder mice. I know you people probibally hate this but now i would never feed a mouse to a snake. Needless to say i was very sucessful in doing that and now i want to start to breed mice for certin traits. I dont have much room for mice so i will be doing this small scale. I am having trouble choosing which colors to start off with. I am going to focus on one color and breed them to their best standards. I really like extreme blacks and rump whites. Which one of these would you suggest starting with. Remember i am a very beginner so ya. I dont have much of a variety to start from, because i live in montana and i only have a few local pet shops that just sell random mice. I do find some good colors there every once and a while though. So if you could give me any tips on this that would be great. I really really like the extreme blacks so if you could give me any tips on those that would be good. Also any other tips on starting up will be very helpful.
Thanks
I just read another post about rump whites and aparently you have to breed a lot of them so another color i like is siamese. So info on these and extreme blacks would be very apreciated.

·
Premium Member
3,106 Posts
You wouldn't get rumpwhites in the US as they are in the hands of very few breeders who I helpoed with an import in 2008. Extreme black again tends to be a European thing, although they do exist in the US. Siamese have better points when they are black based (a lot of people naturally assume because they look chocolate they are genetically chocolate) and of course extreme blacks would aid this. You might want to ask Jack Garcia about showing in the US as he can give you more practical advise about varieties in the US.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.