Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's some photos of a handful or my various other non-mice critters that ya'll have asked about since I posted my intro.

This is Sarah my tarantula. She actually works for her living and pays for her keep... Once a year she sheds her skin, and I figured out a way to stuff the skin and make it look like a little (Cough, little might not be the right word) preserved tarantula and can sell it, stating no spider was harmed to create this. I usually get enough money from one skin to pay for her food and care for a year... Wish all my critters were that resourceful. :roll:

Frodo my ball python, the owner decided they didn't want him after 6 months, so I got him and he came with the name.

Vincent the leopard tortoise was another unwanted pet, it amazes me how someone will get a baby pet, then get bored with it after a year or so... and this particular pet will probably outlive me, if I'm lucky, and I'm 24.

The next 4 snakes are babies about 1 1/2 to 2 years old.
Nelson is a .... Nelson's milksnake, real original name isn't it.

Bonnie... as in Bonnie and Clyde, and she just as mean too, is an albino Nelson's milksnake.

Bandit is a Texas Rat Snake. I was in a shop and the guys there were about to kill him, all 8 inches of his baby self, and I got him. TX ratsnakes are supposed to be one of the wildest, most aggressive snakes, Bandit has got to be the sweetest snake I own.

Sahara is my desert kingsnake, and from past experience I knew this species was smart. One afternoon I unlocked her cage lid to see if she could figure out how to open it, as it slides one way to open. Took her 5 minutes to get it open and crawl out.

That's it for now, I'll have to get some more pictures of my other critters later.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Ohhh. I looooooooooooooves spiders..

(when I was a little girl I named ALL the spiders in my room, and one day my mom came in and killed them all with a vacumcleaner, I cried for hours.. My best friends.. :oops: :roll: )

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Finally got around to sitting at the computer and playing with photos... Here's some more of my non- mouseys.

Here's the faux tarantula I did last. I figured out hot glue makes great fake spider webs, but they photograph really shiny.

One of my kittens... Gus

The other kitten, Kara. She actually has the same stripe pattern as her bother if the light hits her fur right, she's not black, she's an extremely black-brown.

My bobwhite quail. The male in the front is really cocky and comes to the door when I'm feeding them, he actually lets me pet him. I got them a few months ago, they were 16 weeks old and not humanized, so I find it interesting that he's so friendly. Maybe he knows he's potentially either a taxidermy project or cat food and thinks being nice will win him points... its working I just have to think of a good name for him now!

My bunnies... purebred Californians, the buck

and the doe...

That's still not the whole crew, but that is most of it... for the moment, and it could be added to at any moment. ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts