Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you're not careful, look what your harvest mice get up to behind your back :lol:

·
Premium Member
3,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How you do it is probably easier than you think - just know your animals and their behaviour. Then you just keep the camera nearby and take a couple of snaps when they're out and about. That's literally all I do. Our camera isn't even that good any more, though it was when we bought it, and I'm going to start looking for a new one. Anyone can take good photos with a very small amount of practice! I do love the little tongue sticking out though, she looks mischievous :p It's a good example of knowing your animals though, when this doe is heavily pregnant she will occasionally lick the side of the tank (goodness knows why) and some of her young babies follow suit. Complete nutters or what?!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Oh my goodness, what a cute picture! Do you have those as pets where you are located? From what I knew (looks like I was proved wrong!) harvest mice were threatened/endangered, and you couldn't keep them?

I might need to hire some of them to clean my windows. From the looks of it, she's doing a good job. :lol:

·
Premium Member
3,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes I keep and breed harvest mice. They are captive bred and it's legal to keep them. They're not endangered officially, but numbers are declining in the wild mainly due to loss of habitat to new farming methods. They're fascinating animals and I like it that they are mice yet quite different to the fancies.

·
Registered
148 Posts
That is so cute.... if I didn't have WAY more than I need right now I would be having some of those. Plus you live like a gazillion miles away :lol:

·
Registered
94 Posts
Why do you tease me so? :cry:

They are such cute little things, I would love to have some... We don't have them around here though.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have just seen the photo's brilliant. We don't have harvest mice either, nor satins, nor blu genes, so I 've been told. .

·
Registered
27 Posts
I would really love to keep harvest mice - i didn't realise you could either! They are so beautiful though. And sooooo tiny! I have two little brown mice - they are both fancy mice, but Audrey is the smallest and has that harvest mouse look about her. x

1 - 20 of 23 Posts