Pet Mice Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive only had them for about 2 months and i have to get rid of all of them. my dad is sick of the smell and my allergies have gotten terrible. i had mice when i was younger and never had allergy problems.. guess my allergies got worse. i'd be able to keep some if my dad didnt make me keep them in my room. just holding one gives me welts. and ive been coughing and weezing every night. ive almost needed to use my breathing machine its so bad.. so im getting rid of them. BUT, i will get mice again in the future when im not living with my parents. then i can have a shed and be all happy without allergy issues. so im sad.. and disappointed.. but i'll get over it. im only 18 and will have mice again so its not the end of the world. i'll still participate in this forum of course, cuz i love mice! but its probably going to be a few years before i own any again

edit: ive had them for 12 weeks to be exact haha

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
im not sure when im getting rid of them. my mom wont let me sleep in my room until i do though. im trying to find people who want them as pets for now but it doesnt seem like very many people here like mice as pets.. normal pet stores dont even have mice anymore (which is why i had to go to a family owned business to get them in the first place (as feeders though..) ). the sad thing is.. im probably gonna have to give them away as feeders.. i wish i could find homes for them.. im gonna try to as long as i can. at least i only have 5 boys and the rest are girls. that will make it easier.

and thanks for the support guys

·
Premium Member
6,817 Posts
Hey, everybody...what will be will be...let her be. I'm going to PM her with some suggestions. I'd be devastated if this happened to me, and I'm sure she will do everything she can. But it's hard to be under the gun like this; the 'rents have got all the power, and if it really is a health issue then that has to come first.

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
Be carefull if you use craigslist. Make sure the people buying the mice, have the proper facilities to care for them. :)
There are some... -weird- people on craigslist.

Some pet stores will accept small pets as 'donations' of sorts. But I'd -never- do that, if I didn't know the owners of the store very well.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.