Pet Mice Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

· Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
julieszoo said:
They are fab, did not realise these came in colours other then the "hare" coloured ones. Will be looking for different colours at the bradford now :)
Yes the breeder i got them from also breeds them in Black Tan, and more recently they have become available in REW but i personally have never seen one available!

I really wanted a Tan one but there was none available at the time, hopefully if we move house next year i will have enough room to own a few more, they are just amazing rabbits :)

· Registered
7 Posts
:) Oh, so darling!!!!!!! :eek: The black female is BEAUTIFUL. But then I'm partial to black animals (I have a black cat, black kitten, and black gerbil - appropriately named "Aelwyd" - 'one who comes from the chimney').

I think these Belgian Hares look so powerful, lithe and sleek. I must be honest - I don't think I've seen one before! But in the future I plan on having a pet rabbit eventually and maybe I'll look into these. :D

My favorite breed of rabbit is the Dwarf Hotot, though I kind of like the Tan and the English Spot, too. Have you ever had Dwarf Hotots before? If so, what do you think the differences are in temperament between them and the Belgians? I really like how your Belgians look too...I'm going to research more about them. Congratulations, I hope you post more photos and updates about them and their babies.

· Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I've not had a hotot before but did once board a hotot x, he was umm ok i guess :p

I like my big rabbits, the bigger the better, wish i had room for a giant!

Hares really are lovely, like all rabbits if they are handled right and regularly from an early age they can make wonderful indoor or outdoor pets :)

They are powerful and that is why people don't tend to buy them for children (not that i agree on buying any rabbit for a child but that's another matter!) when they want down, then its time to go down, because i have been beaten up by those legs and it hurts, and this is coming from someone who's had hundreds of rabbits in my care and had to deal with the wildest and untamest!

A friend of mine who bred and showed them for 20 years said if you get a good hare then you get a great one, however if you get a bad one...you get a truly evil one! but in her 20 or so years of breeding she only every came across 2 or 3 "bad" hares.

I have bred lops and Rex's in the past and its safe to say no babies were as tame and confident as these little ones at this age, i opened the hutch last night and they all piled out onto the floor (luckily in a shed!) and they were hopping around merrily and climbing on my lap and wanting fuss, very sweet indeed :D

Hopefully if these babies all find nice homes then i shall breed her again in the not too distant future, though i hardly thinking homing them will be a challenge, i haven't even advertised them anywhere and 2 are already reserved :p :mrgreen:

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.